Hi everyone! We have just started this biblical study of obedience for kids. The kids have been excited about it, especially my oldest. We will be working on these lessons until we begin our official “school year”. The following is my review of “Because I Said So…” Junior Edition:
The lessons break down into scripture reading followed by conversational questions pertaining to the scripture. Other verses are read during the conversation as the concept is being broaden. The corresponding child’s page, contains a space where the child can write or draw about the story read in the scripture and a space for writing a fill in the blank that represents the summary of the lesson learned.
This study is very relaxed and it can be completed in about 3 to 4 weeks if 20-35 minutes a day are spend on each lesson, but the author gives other options to break the lessons down to fit what works best for any family.
The main points included in the lessons are:
- What does it mean to obey? Introductory lesson plus worksheet
- How do we obey? 4 lessons with worksheets plus 1 review worksheet
- Why should we obey? 4 lessons with worksheets plus 1 review worksheet
- Who should we obey? 1 lesson plus worksheet and 1 discussion lesson
- What if we fail? 1 lesson plus worksheet
Extras included in this eBook:
- An activity that summarizes all the lessons.
- A hymn study on “Trust and Obey” which includes: Study notes, music sheet, matching and drawing/writing worksheet and copy work sheets in standard and cursive.
- Brainstorming activity sheet around the word “Obey”.
- An obedience word search worksheet.
This is a sneak peak of the Junior Edition:
I first decided to print out the eBook and then organized it in a binder:
I set up the main lessons in sheet protectors and added an additional set of worksheets since two of my kids are participating in the study.
I like that they get to express themselves as they learn the character trait of obedience:
We are currently working on this study and I will be posting more on it. There is also a “Because I Said So…” edition for older kids available:
If this is a study that would fit well with your family, you may acquire it by clicking on the above image. This resource is for homeschoolers and non-homeschoolers alike.
Have a blissful day!!!
Disclosure: I complimentarily received this eBook in return for a review. I just recommend products that I personally use and deem useful for my readers. All opinions are entirely my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means that I get a commission from any purchase you make through my links at no extra cost to you. By doing so, you would be supporting my blog and I would forever be grateful to you.